Friday, June 10, 2016

Waiting for my next pay (muses while showering)














No, it's not my pay day yet, although in all honesty, I AM indeed waiting for it. My current company bought out my notice period with my previous company - and in such cases, I need to pay my previous company compensation first (of 1 month + of my salary), and wait for the next payroll cycle in my current company before I get reimbursed.

In practical terms, it would mean I am out of 2 months of salary until this month end. So I do need to give myself a pat on my back that I managed to set aside emergency cash (as part of my resolution to get my finances back on track earlier) to sustain me for 2 months.

This also means I would get a bumper amount at the end of this month, definitely something to look forward to.

What about you? Do you look forward to pay day every month?
Any thoughts on how long you can sustain if you are without pay for 2 months?



3 comments:

  1. I blog about that its bad to always look forward to your pay day as if that is the only thing that appeals to you but in reality if you are chasing a wealth goal it is in your cross hairs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog about that its bad to always look forward to your pay day as if that is the only thing that appeals to you but in reality if you are chasing a wealth goal it is in your cross hairs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do look forward to my monthly pay as the pay allows me to purchase more income generating assets :)

      Delete